Workflow firing twice in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a simple workflow to send an email when an quote is converted to an order. However it is firing twice, is there any way to prevent this or a workaround?

Here is the workflow

I have also tried to create a workflow that fires on creation of an order as a workaround to the above problem. This workflow is not firing at all.

Here is the workflow

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:22 PM

All replies

• For the first one, can you please describe the exact scenario to produce the emailing twice behavior?

For the second workflow, did you click on 'publish' after you create this workflow? I had a few times of not firing workflow that was cause by not 'publishing' :)

I also noticed that you have different scopes for these workflows. Is it intentional?

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:47 PM
  • I realised that I was not waiting long enough for the second workflow to execute.

I still don't know why the first one isn't working correctly, but I'm just going to use the second workflow as a workaround.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:52 AM
  • Hi Joseph,

Just Click the "As on-Demand" and "Child Processes" in your Second Workflow then Activate it and try. There will be a possibility and you can check whether your workflow is running or not under Settings ->System Jobs.

Naren

• Edited by Naren MN Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:37 AM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:36 AM