Unable to Backup remotely RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I am having an issue where I am able to backup using the PC directly connected to my external drive but when I try backing up my remote PC's, they fail.  At first the message was the central backup location was unavailable but I was was able to access the folders remotely without any issue.  When I reset the onecare backup settings and tried again, I get a different message saying unknown problems are preventing the backup.  This happens on 2 remote pc's.  I called support but they were unable to help.  Anyone here have a similar issue?  I have double checked the one care settings and security/sharing settings on the pc directly connected to the ext HD and all is set correctly.

I am currently using onecare 2.0

Please help!

Thanks

Craig

Thursday, December 13, 2007 2:20 AM

Answers

• When setting up the Share for the centralized backup feature, the permissions for the Share need to be set to allow "Everyone" to have Full Control. Is that how you have it configured?

How did support leave you with your case? If first level could not resolve your problem, the case should still be open unless you agreed to have it closed. You can contact support once again, refer to the previous case and request that it be escalated if first level cannot resolve the problem.

-steve

Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:49 PM