Why is the sub grid not using the specified default view? RRS feed

• Question

• Why is the sub grid not using the specified default view?

I have a many to many relationship between product and a custom entity property. 

I added a sub grid to the property form. I created a new view called off peak appliances and set that as the grids default view. 

After publishing and navigating to an existing property, I click on the add new button for the sub gird and a the list of products that is displayed contains different records and columns to what is expected. 

I click on the Look up more records link to find that the view being used is the products lookup view not my off peak appliances. Why is the sub grid using a different view to the specified Default View?

Thursday, July 2, 2015 12:12 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The default view you pick to use on a subgrid is used internally as the query that's performed to display the columns and data within that same grid.

Clicking the "Add" button in the subgrid actually triggers the Lookup view (this is standard in CRM across entities). What you can do here is you can customize the Lookup view with the same columns you added on the "Off peak applicances" custom view.

Feel free to find some more info in the below thread!

Hope that was helpful :) 

Create and edit views in CRM

Thanks,

Friday, July 3, 2015 10:15 PM