MS Office 2003 not genuine RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I had earlier posted this on someone else's thread. Here is the result of running the MGAdiag.exe software as suggested there:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0011.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0

Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-T6DFB-Y934T-YD4YT
    Windows Product Key Hash: 3g4CZGFEDgbKmn/oB4pa2FZsssU=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00102
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {4C15312D-540B-4EC2-948D-7346A4A350F6}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.40.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 2.0.48.0
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: 127.0.0.1:5865
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Documents and Settings\Niket Kaisare\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{4C15312D-540B-4EC2-948D-7346A4A350F6}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0011.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YD4YT</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-823518204-1757981266-1801674531</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>Vostro1510</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>A12</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20080910000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>C9CE34370184007B</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>India Standard Time(GMT+05:30)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="2.0.48.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57845</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="16" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="18" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="19" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1A" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1B" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="44" Version="11" Result="114"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults>  

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 8413:Dell Inc|8413:Microsoft Corporation
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

---------------------------------------

My problem is quite similar, in the sense that the diagnostics gives me "Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2" error. I had an older desktop (I don't have it any more) and the current version of Office 2003 (same license key) was found to be genuine.

However, when I tried to validate Office 2003 on my new laptop, it did not validate. When I clicked a link your website stated:
    "The product key used to install Office has been identified by Microsoft as a key that was issued to a large, corporate customer. This key is reserved for the exclusive use of this customer, and cannot be used to install other copies of Microsoft Office."

I think, this large corporate customer would be my employer (IIT-Madras), a public-funded university in India.

Just to give more background, I purchased my new laptop from Dell India. Since the laptop without OS installed would cost the same, I purchased one with XP (Vista upgradeable). Since WinXP was already installed, I did not bother to install my institute's licensed copy. Now, my Office 2003 complains that the copy is not genuine. Please let me know what I need to do in order to get the Office 2003 copy validated.

Thanks
    Niket
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:57 PM

Answers

• Hello NiketK,

Thank you for reposting in your own thread, it helps us keep things organized and that gets you better support :-)

Your Dell Vostro computer has a Genuine OEM license installation of Windows XP Pro on it, so no worries about Windows.

Your installation of Office does have a problem however.

Here is a snippet of your mgadiag report:

OGA Data-->

The report is telling us that your current installation of Office Professional 2003 is a Volume Licensing installation, and that was done with a widely pirated and now blocked Volume Licensing Key.

You mentioned that your employer is a large University.  I can assure you that based on the reported Office Status of 114 Blocked VLK 2, that the installed blocked Volume Licensing Key was not issued to your employer; this key actually belonged to Microsoft itself for its internal use.  But the key was leaked, so Microsoft has blocked it from any further use.

It is very possible that the University does have a current and valid Volume Licensing Agreement with Microsoft for the use of an edition of Office.  I would recommend that you contact your employer's IT support staff to check this with them, and if so, ask them to uninstall the nongenuine License and install the valid Volume License for Office onto your computer.

If it turns out that the University does not have a valid Volume Licensing Agreement for Office that you can install and use, then unfortunately, you would not be able to use the currently installed copy of Office genuinely so you should uninstall it from your computer.  If that's the case, I would encourage you to purchase a copy of Office either from a local but trusted retailer, or use the Nongenuine messages you are seeing to participate in the Office Genuine Offer to buy Genuine Office directly from Microsoft.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by NiketK Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:45 PM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hello NiketK,

Thank you for reposting in your own thread, it helps us keep things organized and that gets you better support :-)

Your Dell Vostro computer has a Genuine OEM license installation of Windows XP Pro on it, so no worries about Windows.

Your installation of Office does have a problem however.

Here is a snippet of your mgadiag report:

OGA Data-->

The report is telling us that your current installation of Office Professional 2003 is a Volume Licensing installation, and that was done with a widely pirated and now blocked Volume Licensing Key.

You mentioned that your employer is a large University.  I can assure you that based on the reported Office Status of 114 Blocked VLK 2, that the installed blocked Volume Licensing Key was not issued to your employer; this key actually belonged to Microsoft itself for its internal use.  But the key was leaked, so Microsoft has blocked it from any further use.

It is very possible that the University does have a current and valid Volume Licensing Agreement with Microsoft for the use of an edition of Office.  I would recommend that you contact your employer's IT support staff to check this with them, and if so, ask them to uninstall the nongenuine License and install the valid Volume License for Office onto your computer.

If it turns out that the University does not have a valid Volume Licensing Agreement for Office that you can install and use, then unfortunately, you would not be able to use the currently installed copy of Office genuinely so you should uninstall it from your computer.  If that's the case, I would encourage you to purchase a copy of Office either from a local but trusted retailer, or use the Nongenuine messages you are seeing to participate in the Office Genuine Offer to buy Genuine Office directly from Microsoft.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by NiketK Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:45 PM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:44 PM
  • I apologize if I have been using a pirated license. I'll check with our IT staff. If we do not have a license or if we have run out of licenses, I will uninstall Office 2003.

Could you also let me know if there is a way to provide a new license key without uninstalling the current Office 2003 installation?

[Edited Later] Please ignore my above question. I got that information. Thanks for your help.
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:40 PM