Importing mail from Exchange to MS CRM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 receives all mail since it was activated, the emails were in Outlook before CRM be active not appear.

I do not have the backup of independent Outlook but Microsof Exchange Server.

How do I import mail from Exchange to CRM?

Please would like response!

Many thanks

Best regards

Thursday, January 15, 2015 3:35 PM

All replies

• 1. CRM is not a backup for Exchange. So while I get while there can be business value of old email in CRM, don't treat it like a backup system.

2. If you use the Dynamics CRM Outlook Plugin, as a user you can just go back to your old email archive and click "Track in CRM".  This will also give you the granularity of what's relevant and what's not for storing in CRM.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, January 15, 2015 5:36 PM
  • Hello Wayne Walton,

Thank you for your response.

I did what you suggested, but I didn't get successs. He accepts the modification but email doesn't appear in CRM.

Thank you

Best regards

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 5:12 PM
  • Once they hit "track in CRM", there will be a button on the Outlook record that says "view in CRM". That will take the user directly to CRM and directly to that record. If that works, the email is stored in CRM.  If not, there should be an error message.  Let me know what it is.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:28 PM