none
FAQ text bug - incorrectly tells people where to go for "Contact Us" RRS feed

• Question

• In this locked thread here:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/190773f6-acff-4c49-ad2f-11e3088fe070/

Al says this:

The FAQ states the following:

I have reported abuse but no action has been taken. What can I do?
    If you have not seen any action on your report, and suspect that the Forum 
    is not being actively monitored, you can request action by clicking the
    Contact Us link at the bottom of any Forums page.

Unfortunately, I am unable to locate a "Contact Us" link.

=============

Regarding the "Contact Us" -- It's at the bottom of the TechNet Home Page. Also "Site Feedback" is there where you can "file tickets" or request a task to be performed, such as switching your Live ID email: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/ms376608.aspx

So the question is if we can get the FAQ updated to say something accurate (or at least get the to-do item onto the backlog). Here are the facts...

1. TechNet and Microsoft branded forums have no "Site Feedback" or "Contact Us" links on the bottom of the forum-related pages.

2. MSDN forums have a "Site Feedback" link on the bottom of every page (including individual threads). But there is no "Contact Us" link anywhere on any MSDN-branded page!

3. On TechNet branded forums, the "Site Feedback" and "Contact Us" links are at the bottom of the TechNet home page only (not on any forum-related pages).

4. On Microsoft branded forums (like where I am now), the "Contact Us" link is at the bottom of the Microsoft home page only (not on any forum-related pages). There is no "Site Feedback" link anywhere on any Microsoft-branded page (meaning non-MSDN and non-TechNet).

Thanks! And thanks to Al for finding the typo. I suspect the branding has changed and thus the links.

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:21 PM
    Owner

Answers

All replies