OneCare doesn't start right RRS feed

• Question

• After I do a reboot I get a windows firewall warning saying that OneCare has been turned off. I then try to start OneCare by going to "START" , "ALL PROGRAMS" , "Windows Live One Care" and it starts to open then I get an error saying that WindowsOneCare has stopped, try restarting your computer to resolve this. I then do this same step again and it starts correctly. It does this EVERY TIME I do a reboot. I have to do these extra steps every time I do a reboot or turn on my laptop. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to repair this?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:10 PM

Answers

• I think you have some services starting too late and that's causing the initial failure. Once the services are kick started, OneCare can run when you next try to start it manually.

You should probably contact support to have them review your support logs and startup items.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:39 AM