CRM 2013 : SSRS Report : Sharepoint Image RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using CRM 2013 online and by server based integration i am using share point site to store documents for entity in MS CRM 2013.

I have enabled images to be stored under user entity record. 

Now, I am creating a fetch based report in CRM, where i need to pull images from the image as document stored in share point site but SSRS report is unable to pull that images, I understand must be authentication issue. 

I am using images, with external source in SSRS and defining share point document URL as following.

https://business.sharepoint.com/systemuser/Solanki,%20Hiren_56C4CFADF217476CAFB65275D033C2D8/sign.png

but this image is not appearing in SSRS fetch based online report.

can you guys suggest any way to pull images into SSRS report where I have CRM and share point both to be online deployment.

Regards,

Hiren.

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.
    Please vote or mark as a answer if it helped you.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Solanki,

I have not tried this, but I tried to access you sign.png from browser, it does not open. did you try a picture that you can open from a browser?

Regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:18 AM
  • Hi Jithesh,

Thank your for you try.

However, URL i have provided is not an actual image path but it's sample of URL format i use to access from sharepoint.

I need image from the same path to be retrieved when using it in online fetch XML CRM report either by passing sharepoint authentication or making some setting at share point where it allows to view image publicly.

Regards,

Hiren.

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:20 AM
  • Hello Hiren,

I misunderstood your requirement.

There is an article in MSDN about this requirement. Please try?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd220527.aspx

Regards,

Jithesh.K

Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:54 AM
  • Just to add, The user running the report should also have permission to read the file from the sharepoint location.

Regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:57 AM
  • Hi Jithesh,

I provided images as a external images in SSRS already but that image is not being retrieved as share point asks for log in first. although i kept share point session open in same browser.

Regards,

Hiren.

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 8:50 AM
  • I will try to create a dummy report tomorrow and see if I can try this.

regards

Jithesh

Thursday, October 9, 2014 11:51 AM