Ran connector upgrade (ran the option under home server settings) & now all my network connections are red? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - been using home server for quite some time and always surprised how sensitive the product changes are -> every change must be read carefully. Most recently I went to the settings page and selected check windows for updates. It downloaded a new release of connector software. Installed as per past process. I report no issues using this update.

On a client PC (Vista ultimate x32 version) under network option/view showing all drives local & network drives. Home server have over 80% free space on 2x drives totalling 1Tb. Now all home server folders show red as full on the client PC. I use backup regularly and run cleanup. Having reduced the retained copies to a few on all the connected PCs. Still the server icon is red.

Any clues? It doesn't stop my use thereof and the  2x server health add ins I use (great s/ware) report nothing but clean bill of health.

cheers Andrew

Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:08 PM

Answers

• The most recent update of WHS changed the way that available space is reported to a client opertaing system. Instead of only the space remaining on the system driver, the total space remaining in the storage pool is now reported. However, the disk size reported is the size of the system disk. If there's more space remaining than the size of the system disk, you'll see the bahavior you describe.

In my opinion, this is a bug (though a minor cosmetic one). As with oher bugs, you should report it on Connect.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:22 PM