Incorrect Administrator Password - New Install RRS feed

• Question

• This is a new WIndows Home Server 64-bit installation, of which I remember exactly what my Administrator password was set to, and I could connect to the server from dashboards on other machines.  I did a load of Windows updates, which required a reboot, unfortuneately I think this was the first proper reboot since setting up the machine.  I get the Adminsitrator loging screen, I tryped in exactly what I knew was the password that was working previously.  Incorrect yadda yadda yadda.  I'm now re-installing the whole thing again from scratch, just in case I did make a mistake.

If anyone has experienced this and know what to avoid look out for fix the problem.  Please let me know.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:07 AM

Answers

• I knew your password problem. For I have met the similar problem with my HP Windows 7 laptop admin login. As I remembered, then I just go to Google Search "Forgot Windows 7 Password", get a thread:

http://computerforums.org/forums/cyber-safety-computer-security/hacking-into-windows-7-password-protected-user-account-possible-209921.html#6

and get tool "Windows Password Recovery Tool" from search results!

Hope my experience help you!

• Edited by shiankimer Friday, December 21, 2012 7:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:54 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 7:50 AM

All replies

• Maybe your keyboard layout changed, i.e. from your language to English US. I had that kind of error a few times.
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:10 AM
  • I knew your password problem. For I have met the similar problem with my HP Windows 7 laptop admin login. As I remembered, then I just go to Google Search "Forgot Windows 7 Password", get a thread:

http://computerforums.org/forums/cyber-safety-computer-security/hacking-into-windows-7-password-protected-user-account-possible-209921.html#6

and get tool "Windows Password Recovery Tool" from search results!

Hope my experience help you!

• Edited by shiankimer Friday, December 21, 2012 7:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:54 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 7:50 AM