none
Change account email for alerts? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Any way to change the email account for alerts?  My current one is blocking certain items.  There doesn't look to be a way here on the settings.  Under the alerts.live.com site when you click edit email settings it just loads your profile info to edit.  There is no email field. 

If not, should I just close/cancel my account and open a new one with the new email?

Thanks.

Monday, May 3, 2010 4:35 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Any way to change the email account for alerts?  My current one is blocking certain items.  There doesn't look to be a way here on the settings.  Under the alerts.live.com site when you click edit email settings it just loads your profile info to edit.  There is no email field. 

http://alerts.live.com/Alerts/MyAlerts.aspx

You may have to be logged in to your forums in order to see your forums as one of your "providers".

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:35 AM
  • Tried that, when you click the "Edit your e-mail settings" for any email address on any forum, there are just profile settings, no email field.  Try it, is yours any different?  When you click that button are you able to edit your email address?  I cannot.
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:56 AM
  •  
    Tried that, when you click the "Edit your e-mail settings" for any email address on any forum, there are just profile settings, no email field.  Try it, is yours any different?  When you click that button are you able to edit your email address?  I cannot.

I don't know.  Perhaps you will have to have a "Linked ID" to use as an alternate?

Ask for help here

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 3:18 PM