Autocorrect Passwords on Microsoft RD Client (Android) RRS feed

• Question

• I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong place...

We're trying to implement the Microsoft Remote Desktop Android app to over 100 employees. Devices being used: Samsung Galaxy S4 & Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. The intention is for us to remotely log into a terminal server farm.

The problem:
    We have password complexity requirements that involve variations of capital & lowercase letters, numbers and symbols. The issue is that some of the users' Android devices are forcing an auto correct when they enter their password to log into our terminal server farm. And they're unable to see which characters are actually being used because all they see is ********.

Example:
    Someone had a password similar to "Microsoft!123" and if you're familiar with the Auto Correct on a Samsung Galaxy S4, you know that it will force a space after an exclamation point. It's too hard for the typical end user to know whether or not to backspace in this instance and forcing users to reset their passwords to something of a different format is a work around that defeats the purpose of making something unique. One solution would be to disable Auto Correct or Auto Spacing, etc. But then that would affect text messages and emails as well unless the user changes the setting back and forth (again, too much for most end users).

I would just like to know if there are others out there who are having this same experience and whether or not you have a simple, sustainable solution. Thanks.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:33 PM