Why isn't PP2 available? RRS feed

• Question

• I''ve got automatic updates turned on, and I've tried checking manually, but there's no sign of a PowerPack 2 upgrade available.  My system has PowerPack 1 installed.  What's it waiting for?

Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:42 PM

Answers

• EmptyGaze said:

I''ve got automatic updates turned on, and I've tried checking manually, but there's no sign of a PowerPack 2 upgrade available.  My system has PowerPack 1 installed.  What's it waiting for?

Please verify that you have 6.0.1800.(x) in your version numbers in the Windows Home Server console under settings>resources.  PP2 will not be available to you if you are running a beta version of Power Pack 1 or a beta of Power Pack 2. Also, depending on your regional settings, Power Pack 2 may not be available to you until April.

The English version release date is March 24th.  Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish is currently scheduled to be available before the end of April. 

If you are running a beta version of either Power Pack 1 or Power Pack 2, you will need to remove it via ADD/REMOVE programs in the control panel and then run automatic updates to bring your server current.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by EmptyGaze Friday, March 27, 2009 12:57 PM
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:47 PM

All replies

• EmptyGaze said:

I''ve got automatic updates turned on, and I've tried checking manually, but there's no sign of a PowerPack 2 upgrade available.  My system has PowerPack 1 installed.  What's it waiting for?

Please verify that you have 6.0.1800.(x) in your version numbers in the Windows Home Server console under settings>resources.  PP2 will not be available to you if you are running a beta version of Power Pack 1 or a beta of Power Pack 2. Also, depending on your regional settings, Power Pack 2 may not be available to you until April.

The English version release date is March 24th.  Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish is currently scheduled to be available before the end of April. 

If you are running a beta version of either Power Pack 1 or Power Pack 2, you will need to remove it via ADD/REMOVE programs in the control panel and then run automatic updates to bring your server current.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by EmptyGaze Friday, March 27, 2009 12:57 PM
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:47 PM
  • That was the problem.  I was running a beta version (6.0.1771) and had forgotten about it.

Would have been nice if the resources page had said "Power Pack 1 (beta)" installed instead of "Power Pack 1" installed. 

Anyway, thanks for your help Lara.

Friday, March 27, 2009 12:56 PM
  • Any idea when the french version will be available?
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 7:13 AM
  • That was the problem.  I was running a beta version (6.0.1771) and had forgotten about it.

Would have been nice if the resources page had said "Power Pack 1 (beta)" installed instead of "Power Pack 1" installed. 

Anyway, thanks for your help Lara.

Seems like I have the 6.0.1771.0-version too...

How do I get rid of it (un-install it)?
    Under Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs, there´s no listing refering to a Power Pack BETA or anything similar.

What should I be looking for? This is an English WHS with Sweden as regional setting.

/C

WHS on a P4@3.20 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 1.96 TB disk space
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:22 PM
  • Hi Christian,
    if you check the box to show updates, you should see the Power Pack 1.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:39 PM
  • Thanks Olaf, missed that little checkbox!

Un-installing...

/C

WHS on a P4@3.20 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 1.96 TB disk space
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:46 PM