How is the data gathered RRS feed

• Question

• Simple question.  I am assuming that the data displayed in the Ad Intelligence reports is generated strictly from the Microsoft PPC campaings and Live Search results... correct?  I am trying to make sure when I speak to this topic, I am not leaving out something important.  Does anyone know for certain?
    Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:38 PM

Answers

•  

For query volume and monetization data, the report are from Microsoft live search and PPC data. However, many others, such us keyword categorization and keyword suggestion are from much broad data sources, which are not limited to search data.

Dylan Huang

Microsoft adCenter Keyword Services Platform and Excel addin

Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:57 PM

All replies

•  

For query volume and monetization data, the report are from Microsoft live search and PPC data. However, many others, such us keyword categorization and keyword suggestion are from much broad data sources, which are not limited to search data.

Dylan Huang

Microsoft adCenter Keyword Services Platform and Excel addin

Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:57 PM
  • Dylan,

Thanks for the response. Can you be more specific as to what the broader sources of data are? Could you estimate what percentage of overall search traffic is represented in this numbers

Thanks!

Love, love, love this tool by the way

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:38 PM
  • As for the estimate of the percentage of overall search traffic you might want to consult OMMA (www.mediapostpublications.com/omma), which publishes the comScore search numbers every month (this will give you the share of total searches for MSN sites).  You can use this to get an idea of what the percentage of overall search traffic is. 

We are so glad you love the tool!

I hope this is helpful,

Jorie

Friday, January 18, 2008 6:15 PM
  • The total searches that site will give you is only for MSN? how about GOOGLE & YAHOO?
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:56 PM