none
How do you get multivalue fields to report correctly in Access? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a few multivalue fields for recording tree species and the like, for multiple habitat sites. My goal is to get each species to show up on the report one line at a time. I have a query where I was able to get them to show up by using the .value strategy, however I run into an issue with the report because even though it is multivalue, there is only one cell for the species to show up in. I have it set to 'can grow', but what ends up happening for sites that have multiple species is that it will repeat the entire report over and over until each species was listed on its own, for example:

---------------------------

Site ID: 1

Tree Species:

• Eucalyptus

Tree Species:

• Oak

Tree Species:

• Big Leaf Maple

What I want to see is this:

Tree Species:

• Eucalyptus
    • Oak
    • Big Leaf Maple

To make it even more complicated is that I have multiple fields like this, multivalue, that all need to be displayed for these sites in this manner as well. Please help!

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:11 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Monday, January 25, 2016 8:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:11 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Microsoft Access forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:11 PM
  • Or also try over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=accessdev

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:41 PM