When will new version be available RRS feed

• Question

• The announcement shows 18 hours ago. My version still show the old release. When I click update, it says I am up to date.

Robert 
    Robert Tankersley
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:12 PM

Answers

• Quote from http://blogs.msdn.com/livemesh/ :

Update: Doh!  We are embarrassed to say that the new version is going to be delayed just a little bit longer.  For your safety and enjoyment, the Live Mesh client verifies the SSL certificate of the update server before downloading new code.  It turns out that one of the other things we didn't get to do during the holiday blackout was update our SSL cert, which expired at end of 2008.  As soon as we can get the new valid cert up there, the update will be available.

Stefan Krueger, Microsoft MVP - Windows Installer, www.InstallSite.org
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:37 PM

All replies

• Quote from http://blogs.msdn.com/livemesh/ :

Update: Doh!  We are embarrassed to say that the new version is going to be delayed just a little bit longer.  For your safety and enjoyment, the Live Mesh client verifies the SSL certificate of the update server before downloading new code.  It turns out that one of the other things we didn't get to do during the holiday blackout was update our SSL cert, which expired at end of 2008.  As soon as we can get the new valid cert up there, the update will be available.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:37 PM
  • So the old SSL expired cert got you too! Happens.
    Robert Tankersley
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:20 PM
  •  that's funny... always the details that get you!  reminds me of a few years ago when they let the hotmail.com domain registration expire.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 6:21 PM
  • Looks like the new version is available now.
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:29 PM