QoE and Archiving Server? RRS feed

• Question

• Can / should you install a QoE server and a Archiving and CDR Server on the same machine?  With 2 different databases?

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:28 PM

Answers

• Actually no OCS components are supported by Microsoft in a virtual machine.

Regarding collocation of A/CDR and QoE server roles, the same backend SQL server with separate dedicated instances for each role is supported.

Also, the QoE Monitoring Server document states:

The QoE Monitoring Server cannot be collocated with other Office Communications Server 2007 server roles. Microsoft SQL Server™ can, however, be collocated with the QoE Monitoring Server, or it can be installed on a dedicated server.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:02 PM

All replies

• It would not be suggested, however those two functions are supported by Microsoft in virtual machines. 

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:31 PM
  • Actually no OCS components are supported by Microsoft in a virtual machine.

Regarding collocation of A/CDR and QoE server roles, the same backend SQL server with separate dedicated instances for each role is supported.

Also, the QoE Monitoring Server document states:

The QoE Monitoring Server cannot be collocated with other Office Communications Server 2007 server roles. Microsoft SQL Server™ can, however, be collocated with the QoE Monitoring Server, or it can be installed on a dedicated server.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:02 PM
  • That is not completely true.  We have been told by Microsoft that certain components (i.e., CDR, QoE and CWA) are supported on Microsoft Hyper-V.  In retrospect, I will say that it was a point that Microsoft agreed on because it helped close a xx,000 seat deployment.  Your mileage may vary.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:32 PM
  • Can you direct us to some documented supportability statements regarding that?  There is much internal discussion regarding possible future support of non-time-sensitive components of OCS, but nothing has been officially released to my knowledge.  I would think your relayed statement only holds true to that specific deployment.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:58 PM