Microsoft Sunset Home & Business or Money Plus Business Blue Screen when trying to print an invoice. RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so We use Microsoft Money for my wife to invoice for your business and have Sunset installed on the Windows 7 Home 64bit Dell computer and the Original Disk Version on her Laptop Windows Vista home 64bit.  No matter which coputer we use for the last 2 weeks or so we are now getting the blue Screen of Death error

win32k.sys

Page_Fault_In_nonpaged_area

This only occurs when we try to print an invoice.  We can print anything from emails to excel & word.  BUT when we are in money trying to print We get this error. 

I Am a total computer novice so any advice will require you telling me how to do it.  My brother in law has suggested so thing non of which worked.  We reinstalled printers with up to date drivers, Downloaded all updates and re installed sunset.  I also tried reinstalling the original disk version and just dealing with the 60 day activation window that pops up.

HELP PLEASE

Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:47 PM

All replies

• If you had the option to install 32-bit Windows, that might do it for you. Otherwise, consider XP mode. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx I am not sure that will solve this for you, but it seems worth a try. Money will run slower in virtual XP, and there will be some learning curve.  Let us know if you try that.

Also possible, maybe printing to a CutePDF (free) printer would work. Different driver. I don't run 64-bit Windows myself, nor do I run the Business version.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 6:01 PM
  • Page_Fault_In_nonpaged_area is hardware related and may be due to any device or faulty memory. It is not likely to be a problem with Money and may well not be printer related.

Did you add any new device or update a device driver just before the problem started?

Have you tested your RAM with e.g. Memtest http://www.memtest.org/?

The best place to ask about the problem is http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware.

It seems to be happening on BOTH of their computers when trying to print (from win 7 AND vista) with two versions of money.  The common factors would seem to be the printer, (maybe printer cable if they are swapping), and the money file itself.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:24 PM
  • Page Fault in non-paged area is not necessarily hardware related as posted above. It can be caused by software as well.

When you get the error, you need to take a note of the numbers following the text of the message, those after the "stop" text.

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    stop: 0x00000000 (0xffffffff, 0x00000000, 0xffffffff, 0x00000000)

These are values that can be used to further diagnose the fault.

Friday, July 1, 2011 8:23 AM
  • I have now installed and tested the US Money Sunset Business version on both a Windows 7 Professional 32-bit system and a 64-bit system. I am able to print invoices on both systems.

Some things that may further narrow down the problem ...

1. What release of Internet Explorer are you running ?

2. Can you print normal reports (transaction etc.) from within Money ?

3. When attempting to print invoices which Invoice template is being used ?

4. Can you print invoices to a virtual printer ? To check this, do the following,

Select Preview Invoice Printing (a print preview of the invoice should appear in the main Money window)

Under Common Tasks on the LH side, select Change Print Setup

A diag box should appear and the top box has your default printer selected. Use the drop-down box button

on the right to see if if there are any other printers listed. Move this list up and down to see what other printers

are listed. You'll probably see Microsoft XPS Document Writer and perhaps an Office Writer.

Select one of these other printers (try the XPS one first) and then select OK. You will then be returned to the preview screen.

Select Print again and then OK. The print will start BUT it will go through a virtual print driver and you will

be prompted as to which file you wish the output to go to.  Select a suitable name for the file and allow the

file to be created on your disk. Then print that disk file you've just created.

Friday, July 1, 2011 9:15 AM
  • I've now been able to recreate this problem. It's caused by Internet Explorer 9.

I have a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit test system which I installed US Money Sunset Business on. I had IE8 and printing worked fine to both a real printer and throught virtual printers (XPS and Expert PDF).

I then installed IE9 and changed NOTHING else and when trying to print invoices to both a real printer and through ExpertPDF I experienced the BSOD first reported in this thread. The failure only occurs when trying to print invoices, reports such as "Transactions by category" and "Monthly cash flow" seem to print fine.

However, selecting printing invoices or normal reports work OK when the printer selected is the XPS virtual printer.

Therefore, I would recommend that you create a folder called "Invoices" in the same folder as your Money data file and print invoices to there, selecting the XPS printer as the device. You will have to give the resulting file a name each time but at least you will subsequently be able to print the file. Furthermore, you will also have a record of every invoice you printed and indeed can immediately reference/reprint it without using Money.

• Proposed as answer by AshleyST Friday, July 1, 2011 1:13 PM
    Friday, July 1, 2011 1:12 PM
  • This appears to be an issue with the IE9 updates. To resolve this problem take the following steps.

Go to Star > Control Panel > Programs and Features > View Installed Updates

Scroll down to the "Microsoft Windows" Section and keep scrolling until you find the "Microsoft Internet Explorer 9" update. Double click to uninstall. You will be prompted to either restart your computer now or later. 

NOTE: BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR FAVORITES AND OTHER INTERNET EXPLORER SETTINGS BEFORE DOING THIS TO ENSURE YOU DO NOT LOSE ANY INFORMATION. YOU CAN ALSO DOWNLOAD A DIFFERENT BROWSER SUCH AS GOOGLE CHROME OR MOZILLA FIREFOX AND IMPORT ALL THE INTERNET EXPLORER SETTINGS.

Once you restart your computer, try printing again. This should have fixed the problem.

**Tested on a Dell Dimension 3100 (modified) with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1**

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:16 AM