"Activate Windows Now" button does not do anything RRS feed

• Question

• When I installed Vista I didnt have my product key handy, but it told me I could input it later after installation.  Now that it is installed, I see the "activate windows now" button from within the Control Panel\System display, but when I press it, nothing happens.  I also tried the "change product key" option, but nothing happens when I press that either.

Please help, I want this resolved before my 28 days expires.

-Jason
    Thursday, December 14, 2006 3:44 AM

Answers

• Please try clicking "Next" or pressing Enter once you have entered your key instead of the "Activate Windows online now" button.  Let me know if that works.  Thank you both!
    Thursday, December 14, 2006 6:01 PM

All replies

• I am having the exact same issue. "Change Product Key" and "Activate Windows Now" both do nothing when clicked. 16 days to go.
    Thursday, December 14, 2006 3:57 PM
  • Please try clicking "Next" or pressing Enter once you have entered your key instead of the "Activate Windows online now" button.  Let me know if that works.  Thank you both!
    Thursday, December 14, 2006 6:01 PM
  • 1. Open an elevated Command Prompt.
    2. Type:  SLUI 4  and hit enter.
    3. This should start the Vista activation wizard with phone options.
    Thursday, December 14, 2006 9:58 PM
  • This worked perfectly. In fact, I used "SLUI 3" which brought up the product key entry. I entered the key i had and it worked fine. Thanks much for the help!
    Thursday, December 14, 2006 11:07 PM
  •  

Activate Windows Now
    Friday, December 7, 2007 9:48 AM
  •  Vista Validation Support - MS wrote:
    Please try clicking "Next" or pressing Enter once you have entered your key instead of the "Activate Windows online now" button.  Let me know if that works.  Thank you both!
    Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:58 PM