"Server Error in '/Remote' Application" on remote access page RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm getting "Server Error in '/Remote' Application" on the remote access page. Any ideas or anyone else getting this too? This is a fresh install which is working fine otherwise (on physical hardware)

Full details:

Server Error in '/Remote' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
      <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
      </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
      <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
      </system.web>
    </configuration>

Thursday, July 8, 2010 7:38 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I ended up doing a reinstall and no longer get this message. However if it crops up again I'll log it

Thanks

Sam

• Marked as answer by wheatism Friday, July 9, 2010 1:16 PM
    Friday, July 9, 2010 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I'm getting "Server Error in '/Remote' Application" on the remote access page. Any ideas or anyone else getting this too? This is a fresh install which is working fine otherwise (on physical hardware)

Full details:

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Runtime Error

If you haven't done anything from the server desktop, you should definitely file a bug report on Connect.
    Friday, July 9, 2010 3:44 AM
  • Hello,

I ended up doing a reinstall and no longer get this message. However if it crops up again I'll log it

Thanks

Sam

• Marked as answer by wheatism Friday, July 9, 2010 1:16 PM
    Friday, July 9, 2010 1:16 PM
  • You may have forgotten to copy the bottom line, which shows the versions of .NET Framework. If this is version 1.x, something changed the configuration in IIS (should be 2.x).

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Friday, July 9, 2010 9:23 PM
  • I have the exact same error as @Samalama. I'm running build 7600 right now. Accessing the page from the server itself gives me a bit more details: Any ideas anyone?

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Source Error:

Line 120:   <providers>
    Line 121:    <clear />
    Line 122:    <add name="WssgMembershipProvider" type="Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Web.Security.HSBSMembershipProvider, Wssg.Web.MembershipProvider" />
    Line 123:   </providers>
    Line 124:  </membership>

Source File: C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\RemoteAccess\web.config    Line: 122

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Configuration Error

Friday, September 3, 2010 9:19 AM
  • Please submit a bug report on Connect.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, September 3, 2010 12:55 PM
  • Done, bug-id: 596361
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 7:10 AM
  • I have the exact same error as @Samalama. I'm running build 7600 right now. Accessing the page from the server itself gives me a bit more details: Any ideas anyone?

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Source Error:

Line 120:  <providers>
    Line 121:  <clear />
    Line 122:  <add name="WssgMembershipProvider" type="Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Web.Security.HSBSMembershipProvider, Wssg.Web.MembershipProvider" />

Line 123:  </providers>
    Line 124: </membership>

Source File: C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\RemoteAccess\web.config    Line: 122

Version Information:  Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Configuration Error

I have the same issue.
    Monday, September 20, 2010 10:14 PM
  • im getting this too, also i cant run dashboard. it starts then just closes.

i get this in the event log

Faulting application name: Dashboard.exe, version: 6.1.7657.0, time stamp: 0x4c3fcbc8

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdfe0

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000000000000aa7d

Faulting process id: 0xc64

Faulting application start time: 0x01cb8b0dc66e7bda

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\Dashboard.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 07f1508c-f701-11df-aee6-00173198a397

clean install, the web interface was working, i beleive this happend due to windows updating

any idear what may have caused this?

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 5:01 AM