Is Onecare interfering with my downloads? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I just bought some battlestar galactica on amazon unbox. Unbox is being excrutiatingly slow to download each episode, going 3-4 times slower than average. I wrote to them and they said:

"I apologize for the difficulty you experienced while downloading your recent video.

It sounds like you have a firewall, proxy server, anti-virus software, or anti-spyware software that is throttling down your download speed. Please note that most of these programs actively scan all downloads. This active scanning can severely limit your actual download speed.

If any of these services are running you most likely need to adjust your settings or disable these services in order for Amazon Unbox to download in a timely fashion. Or contact your network administrator to perform these actions.

Inconsistent download speeds are often caused by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or having other software running on your PC that also downloads large files. Please contact your specific carrier to help you with your problem.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com."

Now, is Onecare messing with my downloads? If so, how do I fix it? Thanks.

Friday, August 8, 2008 5:59 PM

Answers

• This issue should not be caused by One Care unless you have other active antivirus, antispyware, or firewall software installed.

Saturday, August 9, 2008 5:17 PM