Domain Name Setup Failed with this (error) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have WHS V1 with pp3 installed and I was asked to reconfigure my domain. So I unconfigured then started the domain name setup wizard. I have been receiving this error for 4 days now. "An unexpected error occurred communicating with Windows Live Domains Service 80000190." I've never had this problem before and currently I am not able to access my server from internet. Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thank You.
    Charles Ragucci
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 2:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The problem persisted for a total 5 days. Same Error as I described. Yesterday the Domain Wizard completed without error. Then it took about 15 minutes for my WHS Remote Access site to work so based on that I believe you should try the domain configuration again.

Charles Ragucci
    Friday, December 16, 2011 11:09 PM

All replies

• I am having this same problem over the past two days with the same exact error.  I've tried different domain names.
    Friday, December 16, 2011 5:30 PM
  • Hi,

The problem persisted for a total 5 days. Same Error as I described. Yesterday the Domain Wizard completed without error. Then it took about 15 minutes for my WHS Remote Access site to work so based on that I believe you should try the domain configuration again.

Charles Ragucci
    Friday, December 16, 2011 11:09 PM
  • I know this might sound crazy ... I have bumped into this problem before.

Make sure the SERVER - not your client PC, has the current date, time, and time zone - BEFORE!!! trying it again.

Might help.

Friday, December 16, 2011 11:10 PM
  • Doesn't sound crazy to me
    Charles Ragucci
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 12:02 AM