Vista+MapleStory=Failure RRS feed

• Question

•  

Ok I need help I just got vista and tried downloading the game called "MapleStory" once i finish installing it, it doesnt appear anywhere on my pc, also i reboot it and still does'nt show nothing so if anyone could help me with this problem, it would really help. thnx
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 3:31 AM

Answers

• Dear Maplers,

We would like to note that MapleStory is currently non-compatible with Windows Vista. However, due to the influx of Windows Vista users whom have feedback to us about non-compliance issues with regards to the MapleStory game client. With regards to this, Vista compatibility patch will be included on the 24th January 2007. The patch will be intensively beta-tested during this period of time until it has been deemed operational for public release.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience caused throughout the entire beta test period of the new patch.

- MapleSEA Administrator

Ref: http://www.maplesea.com/intro/news/game_news125.aspx

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 1:36 PM
  •  

Please Note: The above Announcement was made Jan. 19 2007, It is my understanding that Maplestory was made compatible with Vista on or about Jan. 24th 2007. So, since that was about 14 months ago, I do not believe this issue is a Vista compatibility issue.

Therefore, since this is not Vista Activation or Validation issue, I do not believe that this forum is the proper place for your question. I suggest contacting Maplestory support or search the Maplestore forums for anyone else that may have had this issue and see if they have a fix or workaround.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:16 PM
  • Please see the support FAQs at the Global Maplestory site at http://forum.nexon.net/MAPLESTORY/forums/thread/929191.aspx

Q: Does MapleStory run on Windows Vista?

MapleStory does run on Windows Vista but not to its optimal performance. One suggestion to have MapleStory compatible with Windows Vista is setting the compatibility of the program. Right-click your shortcut to MapleStory or the exe file, select Properties, and click on the Compatibility tab. Once you have selected the tab, check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select Windows XP in the drop-down menu. We also suggest that you restart your computer after applying the changes. MapleStory should work once these changes are applied.

Now, tell me again who didn't do their research?

In addition, I don't care is MapleStory is compatible with Vista or not. It is not the responsibility of the operating system maker to write their operating system to be compatible with one company’s software. It is the reasonability of that software maker to write their software to be compatible with the operating system they wish their software to run on.

Please take any Maplestory compatibility issues to the Maplestory support forums. That subject is off topic for this forum.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, June 2, 2008 8:05 PM

All replies

• Dear Maplers,

We would like to note that MapleStory is currently non-compatible with Windows Vista. However, due to the influx of Windows Vista users whom have feedback to us about non-compliance issues with regards to the MapleStory game client. With regards to this, Vista compatibility patch will be included on the 24th January 2007. The patch will be intensively beta-tested during this period of time until it has been deemed operational for public release.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience caused throughout the entire beta test period of the new patch.

- MapleSEA Administrator

Ref: http://www.maplesea.com/intro/news/game_news125.aspx

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 1:36 PM
  •  

Please Note: The above Announcement was made Jan. 19 2007, It is my understanding that Maplestory was made compatible with Vista on or about Jan. 24th 2007. So, since that was about 14 months ago, I do not believe this issue is a Vista compatibility issue.

Therefore, since this is not Vista Activation or Validation issue, I do not believe that this forum is the proper place for your question. I suggest contacting Maplestory support or search the Maplestore forums for anyone else that may have had this issue and see if they have a fix or workaround.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:16 PM
  • Your wrong, that applies to MAPLE SEA there are several branches of the game. The Global one which applies to the Americas does not work on Vista. Each branch has its own client.

I have the same problem.

It says that there are known compatibility issues when i start the game, and then closes.

Do more research before you comment.

Sunday, June 1, 2008 11:24 PM
  • Please see the support FAQs at the Global Maplestory site at http://forum.nexon.net/MAPLESTORY/forums/thread/929191.aspx

Q: Does MapleStory run on Windows Vista?

MapleStory does run on Windows Vista but not to its optimal performance. One suggestion to have MapleStory compatible with Windows Vista is setting the compatibility of the program. Right-click your shortcut to MapleStory or the exe file, select Properties, and click on the Compatibility tab. Once you have selected the tab, check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select Windows XP in the drop-down menu. We also suggest that you restart your computer after applying the changes. MapleStory should work once these changes are applied.

Now, tell me again who didn't do their research?

In addition, I don't care is MapleStory is compatible with Vista or not. It is not the responsibility of the operating system maker to write their operating system to be compatible with one company’s software. It is the reasonability of that software maker to write their software to be compatible with the operating system they wish their software to run on.

Please take any Maplestory compatibility issues to the Maplestory support forums. That subject is off topic for this forum.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, June 2, 2008 8:05 PM