Using the tablet app on a surface RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have an instance of CRM 2015 set up with IFD enabled - however when we try and access it using the MS tablet app on a surface we cannot get connected. Any one know how to troubleshoot? I've tried enabling event viewer tracing using the msdn articles but I'm not getting any useful error messages. Amongst other things I've checked that the default dashboard has the property Enabled for tablets selected.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:31 AM

All replies

• Have you checked the list of things here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn531128.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#BKMK_GetStartedTablets

Specifically:

You say you enabled internet facing deployment.

How about

Client Based Authentication?

You also need to set CRM for mobile to organization, as described.

Plus the registry settings.

Pretty fiddly stuff really.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 4:26 PM
  • Thanks - I'd agree it's definitely fiddly. As far as I can tell the claims based authentication and the IFD aspects are both in place - certainly, when  logging in, we are handed off to our ADFS server for credentials and the deployment manager states that both aspects are both configured. Not sure how else to check. Hence why some logs that point to the underlying issue would be useful - unfortunately the MS app gives precious little to go on. I've also gone through the article you've highlighted and we have tried these registry changes but as yet nothing.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 4:43 PM