Hard Drive Failure RRS feed

• Question

• My hard drive crashed and I lost all of my pre-installed software, which included Microsoft Office.  I purchased the computer from my former employer, so I don't have the product key information.  I used the HP Quick Recovery disks to get the operating system replaced, but the disks did not contain the Microsoft Office software.  Is ther a way I can have the Microsoft office software replaced or will I have to repurchase it?  The software came preloaded from CDW, so I am sure that it was registered with the serial number of my computer.
    Friday, July 10, 2009 1:28 AM

Answers

• My hard drive crashed and I lost all of my pre-installed software, which included Microsoft Office.  I purchased the computer from my former employer, so I don't have the product key information.  I used the HP Quick Recovery disks to get the operating system replaced, but the disks did not contain the Microsoft Office software.  Is ther a way I can have the Microsoft office software replaced or will I have to repurchase it?  The software came preloaded from CDW, so I am sure that it was registered with the serial number of my computer.

This forum is for Windows Home Server, so this question is off-topic here.  Having said that, you will probably have to either A) contact your former employer, B) contact CDW, or C) purchase the software.  (My guess is you will have to go with option C.)
    Friday, July 10, 2009 1:52 AM