Windows Live Writer has stopped working dialogue box RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

All I get when I try to start WLW is a dialogue box stating "Windows Live Writer has stopped working" and close program button.

I've tried uninstall and reinstall but to no effect. Downloaded from: http://windowslivewriter.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!D85741BB5E0BE8AA!1508.entry

Using Vista32 Business with all updates.

Can anyone help?
    Saturday, August 2, 2008 1:36 AM

Answers

• After reviewing the WLW log file there was an error every time WLW was started when it tried to create a temporary folder.

The error in the log looked like the following:

System.IO.IOException: Not enough quota is available to process this command.

According to this foum post this can happen when 'Offline Files' quotas are too small or there are too many temporary files.  These files can be deleted through the control and the quotas can be adjusted as well.  The problem was fixed after Nigel9999 followed these steps.

• Marked as answer by Becky Pezely Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:53 PM
    Monday, August 4, 2008 5:20 PM

All replies

• Can you look to see if you have a Windows Live Writer log file?

http://jcheng.wordpress.com/writer-tips/logfile/

If you find one, can you email it to me:
    bturner*at*microsoft*dot*com

-Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Sunday, August 3, 2008 10:12 PM
  • After reviewing the WLW log file there was an error every time WLW was started when it tried to create a temporary folder.

The error in the log looked like the following:

System.IO.IOException: Not enough quota is available to process this command.

According to this foum post this can happen when 'Offline Files' quotas are too small or there are too many temporary files.  These files can be deleted through the control and the quotas can be adjusted as well.  The problem was fixed after Nigel9999 followed these steps.

• Marked as answer by Becky Pezely Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:53 PM
    Monday, August 4, 2008 5:20 PM
  • This link is expired :(
    Monday, August 17, 2009 9:56 PM