Hopefully simple request RRS feed

• Question

• So I got the CTP installed last night and my upgrade went fine.  Data and shares were untouched...

When trying to re-create my user accounts, I got stuck on what I thought was a bug. Even though the local policy, and the slider on the connecter said that complex passwords weren't required, it wouldn't let me create an account without it. After searching, I found that it was because I had checked the remote access box. Uncheck that and it worked fine. I think that as soon as you check that box, it should pop up something that tells you that you will be required to use a complex password. It does this if you try to go back in and add the remote access to a user that's already created, so the mechanism is already in place...

So far, so good with the CTP. I am bummed that it's only a 6 month activation instead of the 12 from Beta 2, but hopefully we'll have the RC by then?? Wink

Friday, April 20, 2007 4:01 PM

All replies

• You should submit a suggestion to this effect on Connect. However, it's my understanding that WHS has reached the visual freeze milestone, so it may not make it into the initial version of the product.

My preference, by the way, would just be to have a bit of text on the password entry screen that says something like "You must supply a strong password if this user has Remote Access enabled."
    Friday, April 20, 2007 4:54 PM