installing office 2007 in new hard drive? RRS feed

• Question

• My three year old decided to play freesbee with our golden retreiver and used our office 2007 case for the fun = it is gone!

We just upgraaded to a TB hard drive and want to load the software.  I have the old hard drive so, how can I or where do I look for the key so tthat I can load the software in the new Hard drive?

Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:16 PM

Answers

• My three year old decided to play freesbee with our golden retreiver and used our office 2007 case for the fun = it is gone!

We just upgraaded to a TB hard drive and want to load the software.  I have the old hard drive so, how can I or where do I look for the key so tthat I can load the software in the new Hard drive?

Download KeyFinder from www.magicaljellybean.com and run that on the computer.  If the drive is not the boot drive anymore attempt to use the load hive feature to recover the key (you will have to use the help feature to figure this out.)  If it can boot the computer then it is simply a matter of running the program and clicking the Office tab.  Download the free one (left column with the red Xs in it.)
    Friday, January 7, 2011 2:39 AM
  • "LVTravel" wrote in message news:c1a8fb17-853b-461f-9604-cbac78752a99...

My three year old decided to play freesbee with our golden retreiver and used our office 2007 case for the fun = it is gone!

Download KeyFinder from www.magicaljellybean.com and run that on the computer.  If the drive is not the boot drive anymore attempt to use the load hive feature to recover the key (you will have to use the help feature to figure this out.)  If it can boot the computer then it is simply a matter of running the program and clicking the Office tab.  Download the free one (left column with the red Xs in it.)

My preference (if the old system can be booted) would be Belarc Advisor - MJB doesn't work for Win 7 unless you get the paid-for version, although it will still (I think) find the Office 2007 Key in a Win7 installation. (check out the comparison table here http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, January 7, 2011 10:56 AM

All replies

Friday, January 7, 2011 2:39 AM
  • "LVTravel" wrote in message news:c1a8fb17-853b-461f-9604-cbac78752a99...

My three year old decided to play freesbee with our golden retreiver and used our office 2007 case for the fun = it is gone!

My preference (if the old system can be booted) would be Belarc Advisor - MJB doesn't work for Win 7 unless you get the paid-for version, although it will still (I think) find the Office 2007 Key in a Win7 installation. (check out the comparison table here http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, January 7, 2011 10:56 AM