none
chkdsk, sfc

Question

• 1)in a pc with win 8.1 pro 64 bit i choose the option safe mode with networking but the Connection icon in the left hand side of the time has a Red X on it, that it means no Connection.why?

2)after running chkdsk in the same pc i am getting the result that Windows examined and spotted problems into system file. i runned the seagate Health check tool for the disk and the disk passed the test..so what is going on?then i am running the chkdsk /r /f command but nothing changes..so can i do something else to fix them??..also what is the diference if i run chkdsk /spotfix?(which i also runned and nothing changed also..)

3)i also runned the system file checker (SFC scan) in that pc and i got the result Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log <var>%WinDir%</var>\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.i saw the instructions for manual repair but i dont prefer to do it because it is to advanced for me..i did the disk cleanup also but unfortunately the same result..so is it an alternative automated process for fixing them?

4)in a pc with win 7 if i go to the drive (c) and right click on it and select the tools tab and press the check button and then select 'automatic corection for errors in system file'  and 'check and recover bad sectors'.and run it,will it help?and also if i check the disk with chkdsk/r/f it is the same??                                                                                                             and by  way why in win 8.1 why i dont see when i am pressing the check button for the disk those Extra options: 'automatic corection for errors in system file'  and 'check and recover bad sectors'?but instead it immediatelly starts to scan the disk..

5)why another pc that i have with win 8.1 pro 64 bit passes the Western digital Health check tool for the disk and the chkdsk command says that there are no errors in the disk and the pc is working very good quckly and healthy but when i try to defragment the system reserved partition it stucks always in 26%?and the same thing does not happen with other pcs that i have with win 7 pro 64 bit .....also i saw a service called bitlocker encryption in ms config .if i stop this service and try to defragment the system reserve partition maybe it will go up to 100%?

6)in the same pc i can see the battery icon under my power plan even though it is desktop.so i boot it with safe mode and the icon disappeared.then i try a clean boot but didnt close some applications and Services that i didnt know such as: central process of Windows run dll 32 and some Services that had to do with intel.and unfortunately the icon was still there..

7)the arp and network solicitation requests can wake a pc from hibernation?

8)is there any possibility to chose some programms that i want to run in safe mode (win 8.1 pro 64 bit)e.g team viewer    

9)in another pc i am running chkdsk and sfc/scannow and sfc result is that Windows resource Protection found corrupt files but was unale to fix some of the and the result of chkdsk was that Windows has checked the file system snd found no problems.. ,how is this possible???

Friday, June 19, 2015 2:55 PM

Answers

• 2-CHKDSK examines the file system Seagate the actual HD

3-Did you run DISM after SFC?  Instructions for which are at teh end of this wiki

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
    Should you have any questions please ask us.

4-Please start a different thread for the second machine

5-Because it is another HD

6-For battery start a new thread

7-No

8-No because the drivers are not loaded

9-Another pc another thread please

You have asked so  many questions about so much hardware it is impossible to give a comprehensive answer

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Marked as answer by METTAS Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:01 PM
    Sunday, June 21, 2015 12:09 PM
  • Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, June 22, 2015 2:37 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 8.1 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, June 22, 2015 2:39 PM

All replies

• 2-CHKDSK examines the file system Seagate the actual HD

3-Did you run DISM after SFC?  Instructions for which are at teh end of this wiki

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
    Should you have any questions please ask us.

4-Please start a different thread for the second machine

5-Because it is another HD

6-For battery start a new thread

7-No

8-No because the drivers are not loaded

9-Another pc another thread please

You have asked so  many questions about so much hardware it is impossible to give a comprehensive answer

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Sunday, June 21, 2015 12:09 PM
  • Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

Monday, June 22, 2015 2:37 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 8.1 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

Monday, June 22, 2015 2:39 PM
  • thank you very much for your answers ,i know its too many questions...
    • Unmarked as answer by METTAS Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:01 PM
    Monday, June 22, 2015 4:28 PM
  • 1)in the same maschine if i go to drive (c) and right click on it and select the tools tab and press the check button and then select 'automatic corection for errors in system file'  and 'check and recover bad sectors'.and run it,will it help?and also if i check the disk with chkdsk/r/f it is the same??and by the way why in win 8.1 why i dont see when i am pressing the check button for the disk those Extra options: 'automatic corection for errors in system file'  and 'check and recover bad sectors'?but instead it immediatelly starts to scan the disk..

2)in the same mashine(win 8.1 pro 64 bit )why it passes the Western digital Health check tool for the disk and the chkdsk command says that there are no errors in the disk and the pc is working very good quckly and healthy but when i try to defragment the system reserved partition it stucks always in 26%?and the same thing does not happen with other pcs that i have with win 7 pro 64 bit for example..                    also i saw a service called bitlocker encryption in ms config .if i stop this service and try to defragment the system reserve partition maybe it will go up to 100%?or it doeshave  nothing to do with it

3)in the same mashine i am running chkdsk and sfc/scannow and sfc result is that Windows resource Protection found corrupt files but was unale to fix some of the and the result of chkdsk was that Windows has checked the file system snd found no problems.. ,how is this possible???

4)after running chkdsk in the same pc i am getting the result that Windows examined and spotted problems into system file. then i am running the chkdsk /r /f command but nothing changes..so can i do something else to fix them????..also what is the diference if i run chkdsk /spotfix?(which i also runned and nothing changed)

5)in the same mashine if i go to the drive (c) and right click on it and select the tools tab and press the check button and then select 'automatic corection for errors in system file'  and 'check and recover bad sectors'.and run it,will it help?and also if i check the disk with chkdsk/r/f it is the same??

6)in order to run this command

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

i have to have backup?is there a danger to lose data?it will correct everything automatically?it is the same command for win 7 pro 64 bit?

Monday, June 22, 2015 5:14 PM
  • also what is windows iso?
    Monday, June 22, 2015 5:49 PM