Off Topic: Error while trying to copy files to a sandisk sd memory card RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I have been trying in windows xp to copy pictures to a memory card to be used in a digital photo frame. Every time I reach about 360 pics, I keep getting the error " Unable to copy (file_name) Directory or file cannot be copied. I have all the pics reduced to where all of them are only 50MB, and still I cannot copy all of them to a 256MB or a 2G memory card...I cannot make a folder on the card and put them in it, because the frame needs the pics in the root directory. I have tried reformatting the cards, etc with no luck. However, I did find an old computer running windows 2000, and when I tried to copy thwe pics to the card, it copied all 700 of them to the root directory of the memory card....Is there a workaround in windows XP that can be used so people can perform this function?..I know there are alot of digital frames out there, and I am sure I am not the only one having headaches with this.  Thank you, Mike
    Friday, December 28, 2007 6:51 PM

All replies