Product line items lookup and price change RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Two questions:

1) Is it possible to change the price in product line items when using existing price in the opportunity form? I know i can change the price if i enter the the opportunityproduct form, but it would be much easier if we could change it directly in the opportunity form.

2) How do i change the view of the  existing product lookup. As of now it only displays the product name and "primary unit". I would like it to display other fields like product category and department (which are stored on the product)

In advance, thanks.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1) You can select override price on opportunity product to edit price per unit on opportunity form.

2) Go to Product lookup view on product entity and add columns in Product lookupview.

Regards, Saad

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:29 AM
  • Hi 

Thank you. Can you please guide me to where i can do this. Is it under customization?

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:18 AM
  • 1) You can do it on opportunity product form. Go to opportunity product you want to edit and select override price and save the record.

2) Go to Solutions. create a new solution. Add Product entity to solution. Click on Views and then select product lookup view. Add columns you need and then save and Publish.

Regards, Saad

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:30 AM
  • 1. Im not sure we understand each other. I would like to change the price in the opportunity form. Meaning each product can have different prices on different opportunities. 

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 11:07 AM
  • Question 1:

Open the opportunity.  On the products view, note the 'lock' next to the Price Per Unit.  This means that the price is locked to the Price List.  When the price change in the price list, it will update prices of all products in opportunities.

Double click the Opportunity Product be changed.  The form for the Opportunity Product will open.  Now click on 'Use Default' next to Pricing  

You will see that 'Use Default' change to 'Override Price'.  Also note that there is no lock anymore next to the Price Per Unit field.  You can now enter any value.

The price has now only been updated for this specific Product in this specific Opportunity.  If you create a new Opportunity and add the same Product, that Product will again have the same Price as listed in the Price List.  Also, when you update the Price for a product in a Price List, it will NOT update the Opportunity Products where the Override Price is applied.

Christo Vermeulen

Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:34 PM
  •  Now for Question 2

Unfortunately the view you are referring to CAN NOT be changed.  This is a limitation that will hopefully be resolved soon.  I also have the need for more fields.  However, you can open the Records Associated View

The Opportunity Product Associated View opens up.  When you click on "Add New Opportunity Product" a new form will open from where you can add more customization.

Christo Vermeulen

Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:34 PM