none
Surface Pro 3 Bitlocker Lockout

Question

• Great! I have been locked out of my Surface Pro3 due to Bitlocker asking for a key. I have spent almost 3 hours online trying to find a solution and walking through the steps with no success only to call Surface support and in the end having to restore my device. I had many photos and videos with my nieces on this Surface from when I visited them last year... we live in different states, now my cherished videos are gone... and that's not all. My documents, resume and work I had completed on my surface were also lost. I have copies of some thanks to google drive, Microsoft what have you done for me? I have never had any problem with you until now and believe me, when it rains it pours because I will have nothing left from this restore all because the key was not saved to the cloud which is supposed to happen automatically and didn't. How are going to help me, I have lost so many pictures, videos and documents. So dissatisfied!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 6:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The Surface forums can be found over here (Participate -> Ask a Question):

Surface forums on Microsoft Answers

As a note - 99% of us in these forums do not work for Microsoft. We're just part of the community trying to help out other community members. I understand your frustration, but please be sure that you don't take it out on the people trying to help you when you post over on the Answers site.

Good luck.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:52 PM