none
Pwrtest.exe Is Not Executing Immediately RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I'm now working on developing an app that can count down and then execute the Pwrtest.exe to                make the system enter Connected Standby state (WDTF is installed).

But every time the app execute the Pwrtest.exe, the system won't enter Connected Standby state              immediately.

It will make the app display stun for about 5 seconds and then enter Connected Standby state.

After the system resume, the app is still stun for about 5 seconds and then start to count down for            another loop to

enter Connected Standby state.

I also execute the Pwrtest.exe by using this following command in the command line :

pwrtest /cs /d:60 /p:60

It still waits for about 5 seconds to enter Connected Standby state.

Is there any solution to avoid these 5 seconds to make the system enter Connected Standby state immediately?

Really appreciate for any suggestions!

Ben

• Edited by Ben_Wu Thursday, November 15, 2018 1:28 AM
    • Moved by Baron Bi Thursday, November 22, 2018 8:27 AM Not about desktop development
    Wednesday, November 14, 2018 6:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

thanks for posting here.

>>I'm now working on developing an app that can count down and then execute the Pwrtest.exe to make the system enter
            Connected Standby state.

Please provide more information about your app. Is it a desktop application? How do you call Pwrtest.exe?

It seems your case is more related to Pwrtest tool issue, I suggest you post on this forum for better support.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/windowsdesktop/en-us/home?forum=wdk

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 15, 2018 2:10 AM