none
Synchronize a middleware database RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

i'm doing a project when i need to create a middleware database from one server. I'm using visual studio 2010 and sync framework. I follow all the steps from the manual and when i change one item from the database and click the synchronize button the changes appear in the middleware database. but when i delete one article or add a new one nothing happen. 

can anyone help me please?

thks

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:36 AM

All replies

• you might want to expound what your database software is and which sync provider are you using or whether you use the wizard or hand coded the sync.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:14 PM
  • Hi June

my database is microsoft sql server. i'm sorry, but it's the first time i'm using this technology. what do you need more to understand my project??

regards

Diogo Mota Software Engineer

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:31 PM
  • which steps you said you followed?
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:36 PM
  • I follow this manual:

Pro Sync Framework - Rituraj Singh and Joydip Kanjilal

CHAPTER 8 ■ S YNC SERVICES FOR ADO.NET 2.0: O FFLINE SCENARIOS

Do you know wich manual it is??or do want me to put here the text??

thks again

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:41 PM
  • ok, so you're using the older offline provider. your client is sql ce and server is sql server.

i suggest you subscribe to the ApplyChangeFailed event and see if its encountering problems applying the insert or delete.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:58 PM
  • hi June,

sorry but can you explain me what is the ApplyChangeFailed event?as i told you before is the first time i'm using this technology.sorry and thanks again

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:05 PM
  • How to: Handle Data Conflicts and Errors

you should find the same in the documentation that gets installed with the framework. even a similar tutorial to what you did above is covered in the documentation.

i suggest you go thru the walkthroughs first to understand as well the two different providers. what you're using is the older offline provider.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:00 AM
  • Hey June.tell me one thing. you said i'm usind an old version. whati do you recomend me to use to synchronize one database from sql to a middleware database?

Thursday, March 22, 2012 6:09 PM
  • use the SqlSyncProvider.

see this link: Tutorial: Synchronizing SQL Server and SQL Express

Friday, March 23, 2012 1:11 AM
  • Hi again June,

i think i can't use that, because i want to synchronize one database from sql express with one created in visual studio(C#).

Diogo Mota

Friday, March 23, 2012 9:11 AM
  • if you mean SQL Compact synching with SQL Server or SQL Express, here you go: Tutorial: Synchronizing SQL Server and SQL Server Compact

Friday, March 23, 2012 9:22 AM