MY COMPUTER RRS feed

• Question

• MY COMPUTER IS AT RISK I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY HOW CAN I TAKE CARE OF THE THREATS IT HAS FOR FREE?
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 7:08 PM

Answers

• If you have been using OneCare in trial mode and it is now expired, but you cannot pay for it, you will need to remove OneCare and install another solution.
    www.avast.com is one location where you can download a free antivirus program for home use.
    You can also uninstall and reinstall OneCare to get it back for another 15 days of trial use at this time.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, May 8, 2009 2:20 PM

All replies

• Why is your computer at risk? Is this message coming from One Care, Windows Security Center, or elsewhere?
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:54 PM
  • If you have been using OneCare in trial mode and it is now expired, but you cannot pay for it, you will need to remove OneCare and install another solution.
    www.avast.com is one location where you can download a free antivirus program for home use.
    You can also uninstall and reinstall OneCare to get it back for another 15 days of trial use at this time.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, May 8, 2009 2:20 PM