Security question - slightly off topic RRS feed

• Question

• Most computer magazines recommend that in addition to the usual firewall/antivirus/antispyware/updates combination, you should check up regularly with Adaware, Spybot S & D and other antispyware/antirootkit programmes.

Do Microsoft staff and this site's moderators do this or is it thought to be overkill?

Thursday, February 1, 2007 9:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Ray

I know you have Windows OneCare so your not to far off topic. That said I use Adaware, CCleaner, and Diskeeper to be sure all is kept clean and in order. Have not had any spyware or other problems in the last year.

Thursday, February 1, 2007 10:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Ray

I know you have Windows OneCare so your not to far off topic. That said I use Adaware, CCleaner, and Diskeeper to be sure all is kept clean and in order. Have not had any spyware or other problems in the last year.

Thursday, February 1, 2007 10:29 PM
  • I ran CCleaner last week and rebooted my PC when it was complete. Then when I went to use IE7, it told me the IE7 encountered an error and it will closed. It took me a week to get my IE 7 back to normal.  Any known reasons why this would happen? It was a real pain to get IE7 back to normal with my Windows Toolbar

Thanks

Friday, February 2, 2007 3:32 AM
  • Saturday, February 3, 2007 8:21 PM
  • As Chuck noted, you're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to WIndows Live OneCare. However, I will tell you that registry cleaners should always be run with care. Make sure that you use the option to save the changes made so that you can undo them if your PC has problems.

-steve

Saturday, February 3, 2007 9:07 PM