One Care Will Not Start RRS feed

• Question

• I get: ERROR 1068. THE DEPENDENCY SERVICE OR GROUP FAILED TO START.
    What can remedy this?
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 7:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Jim, Support got back in touch with me Sunday afternoon. We went through the terminal services and although the One Care Health service was running, One Care itself wasn't.....And it wouldn't start. We got the same message as before. So, Alan had me right-click Terminal services then go to Properties. Once there, we found that One Care was Not set to interact with the desktop. I believe resetting that is what enabled the service to run. Thanks for your input. I do appreciate it.
    Randy
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:20 AM

All replies

• Restart your computer to see if that resolves the issue. If not, open the Services Console ( Start>Run, type "services.msc" without the quotes in the Run box) scroll down to Terminal Services and verify it is started. If Terminal Services is not started double click Terminal Services and start the service and set the startup type to "Automatic" in the drop down menu. Exit the Services Console. If this does not resolve the issue please contact support. How to reach support  - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 9:25 PM
  • Thanks for the help Jim. I've tried that already, though. Support is supposed to get in touch with me in the next 20 hours but, I don't know if they work on Sunday.
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 11:31 PM
  • Sorry I couldn't help. I'm fairly sure support works seven days so you most likely will hear from them.
    Jim
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 4:11 AM
  • Did the error occur when trying to turn on the firewall?

If so, try the method stated in the bottom of this post: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/570c1f38-0169-4130-bd06-365cecda418e/

If it does not work, find the service "Event Log" and check if it is started. Because OneCare firewall depends on this service, if it does not start, the firewall will not start. Make sure the service starts and is set to "Automatic".

If the issue persists, the support is the best resource at this time.

Monday, March 9, 2009 2:57 PM
  • Hi Jim, Support got back in touch with me Sunday afternoon. We went through the terminal services and although the One Care Health service was running, One Care itself wasn't.....And it wouldn't start. We got the same message as before. So, Alan had me right-click Terminal services then go to Properties. Once there, we found that One Care was Not set to interact with the desktop. I believe resetting that is what enabled the service to run. Thanks for your input. I do appreciate it.
    Randy
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:20 AM
  • Hi Golwatt, I never got as far as the firewall. I couldn't even get an icon for one care to show up. Support contacted me last night and it was resolved. I explained the process we went through in a reply to JimR1. Thanks for your help.
    Randy
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:23 AM
  • Hello Randy, I'm glad support was able to get you up and running and thanks for posting the solution.
    Jim
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 1:13 AM