none
TFS 2015 SQL Server evaluation period has expired. RRS feed

• Question

• I am taking over the TFS 2015 that a previous employee set up.

When trying to access the webapp I am getting an HTTP 500 error "The website is under maintenance".

When trying to open the Team Foundation Server Administration Console I am getting the "... TF246017: Team Foundation Server could not connect to the database..."

When looking at the SQL Server ERRORLOG I am seeing the "SQL Server evaluation period has expired."

It seems to me previous employee setup the trial version of TFS 2015.

How could I verify this is true and how can I upgrade the version to a purchased license?

Thanks

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 4:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

>>When looking at the SQL Server ERRORLOG I am seeing the "SQL Server evaluation period has expired."

Please refer to SQL SERVER – Evaluation Period Has Expired – How to Activate SQL Server? for details

If the issue persists, please check below thing to narrow down the issue:

• Make sure you are the member of the Administration Console Users. Otherwise you cannot access the Admin Console.
    • the network connectivity is OK.
    • Check the Service Account, make sure the Service Account has been added in SQL Server.

You can also refer to the solution in below link to fix the issue: http://www.ganshani.com/blog/2014/04/solved-tf246017-team-foundation-server-could-not-connect-to-the-database/

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:24 AM
  • Hi,

If you still have problem about your problem, please go to TFS forum or SQL server forum to discuss it. If you have problems about the installation of visual studio, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 8:15 AM