none
Enabled regular window updates, waste lots of time. If scheduled for weekly update, would not be thread against Virus or Malware attack ? Anyone has solution ? RRS feed

• Question

• You must be annoyed by Windows endless "updates available" alerts. You can't disable the updates knowing the fact that there could be a security breach to your Laptop data through Virus or Malware attack. 

And if you scheduled the regular updates, Oh My God, you would be taken for granted. Every time when you would be doing something important this updates start running. You would get disturbed, irritated and helplessly say OK to the update.

Beat it is in the morning, in afternoon or in the late night. When I scheduled it for Morning as soon as I reach office and start doing some work, alert pops. I rescheduled it for afternoon but that also doesn't work as laptop remain not free in afternoon as well. Then I finally rescheduled it for night. But again, very time I have to get it switched on and wait to get it done, then to pack it again for next day office. Very frustrating. Do we run the laptop, or Laptop runs us.

And this is not only my problem. Many of us must be facing the same issue every day. I read an online article, frustratedly written by Ms. Clif Anny, a freelancer with Online Assignment Help, she was on a trip to USA and got a very important client interaction invitation on skype. She has to share some notes so she open the laptop and got connected through Skype. When she was in middle of the call the Windows update alert popped up and mistakenly while trying to close the alert, it got activated. She was helpless and waited almost 1/2 hour to finish the updates and then she could connect again.

On the other hand, If i could remain disable the updates for a week. There is a risk of Virus or Malware attack. I have very important information in my laptop. And I believe, everyone of us do have so.  

So this is not a small problem, if anyone of you have a solution to this problem, I would appreciate your contribution.   

• Edited by william rose 23 Monday, November 19, 2018 4:58 AM Wrong spelled earlier
    • Moved by Baron Bi Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:01 AM
    Saturday, November 17, 2018 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about desktop application development. For your case, I suggest you post on this forum below.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 19, 2018 1:25 AM
  • Hi Baron,

Thanks for your suggestion. But you have not mentioned the Forum Name, where I should post this issue. 

I did not find Windows Update option in dropdown list. Please suggest.

Thanks and Regard

William_rose

Monday, November 19, 2018 4:57 AM
  • Hi,

sorry for the missing link. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 19, 2018 5:37 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you Baron. I'll do that.

Best Regards,

William_rose

Monday, November 19, 2018 11:16 AM