none
Does the sync framework support database syncronization between SQL Server and HTML5 database object? RRS feed

• Question

• Will Sync Framework 2.1 allow me to synchronize between SQL Server and a HTML5 database object for offline apps? If so are there any samples? If not, any suggestions for alternatives to allow this?

I need to sync with a mobile device that SQL Server Compact doesn't support so HTML5 web storage seems only alternative

Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:04 PM

Answers

• Sync Framework 2.1 will not allow you to Sync to any client database - it has to be a ADO.net accessible database. However take a look at the Sync Framework 4.0 CTP here where we added capability to sync data in an open format with any client platform.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    • Marked as answer by GaryBarrett Friday, February 18, 2011 8:32 AM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:01 PM

All replies

• Sync Framework 2.1 will not allow you to Sync to any client database - it has to be a ADO.net accessible database. However take a look at the Sync Framework 4.0 CTP here where we added capability to sync data in an open format with any client platform.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    • Marked as answer by GaryBarrett Friday, February 18, 2011 8:32 AM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:01 PM
  • Thanks Mahesh. Looks like 4.0 is what I need. Is there any indication yet of when 4.0 is likely to go live however tentative or provisional that timeline may be?
    Friday, February 18, 2011 8:32 AM