none
Wildcards in WorkDirs of parametric sweeps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Wildcards in the Workingdirectory Path of a parametric sweep job don't seem to work (at least at our place) although the documentation states that it should. The * is not replaced with the increment by the scheduler. stdout/stderr/stdin/commandline work fine.

Anyone else seeing this ?

Regards,
    Michael

Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:56 AM

Answers

• You're absolutely right that it doesn't work :-)  We'll look into it.

In the meantime you can add "CD Dir* &&" to the beginning of your command line to CD to the directory before your job starts.

Thanks,
    Josh

-Josh
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:34 PM

All replies

• You're absolutely right that it doesn't work :-)  We'll look into it.

In the meantime you can add "CD Dir* &&" to the beginning of your command line to CD to the directory before your job starts.

Thanks,
    Josh

-Josh
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:34 PM
  • Josh, thanks for the suggestion, but I think that won't work, since cmd.exe does not allow to change Directorys in a UNC Path.
    I managed it by adding "mpiexec -wdir \\host\share\* " to the commandline.

FYI: During my trials with the Working Directory I found another issue on which you might want to have a look at:

If you save a job template which contains a working directory, load it at a later time and empty the workdir entry (in my case to add it to the commandline), the entry is not being deleted. If you submit or save that job again it still exists in the submitted job or the template. If you replace the workdir with another string it works.

Thanks,
    Michael

Friday, February 13, 2009 8:20 AM