none
Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have experience in FIM 2010 and ILM 2007 and basics of .Net. I am planning to do Microsoft Certfication.

Can you please suggest Microsft Certification which will be suitable for my experience and also is there any online course for the same.

Thanks in Advance

bhsiva

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 11:56 PM

Answers

• None of the current developer certifications are suitable for beginners or someone with a basic understanding of .Net. Most require at least 1-2yrs of hands-on-experience (by hands-on I mean working with .Net on a daily basis, not reading books or playing around with a few labs/examples). This doesn't mean that you won't be able to get certified, it just means it may take you a little longer than you expect :-)

Please review the information on the below link to ascertain what type of developer certification you're interested in. Once you've made a decision, we'll be able to provide some guidance on what's required and what online tutorials available.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:45 AM
  • No you are not required to get the equivalent .Net 4.5 certification when it expires.

Although exams expire, current certifications don’t.  You will still be certified in 70-515: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 even when the exam expires.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

• Proposed as answer by tooleyrose Friday, July 27, 2012 3:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:07 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:49 PM

All replies

• None of the current developer certifications are suitable for beginners or someone with a basic understanding of .Net. Most require at least 1-2yrs of hands-on-experience (by hands-on I mean working with .Net on a daily basis, not reading books or playing around with a few labs/examples). This doesn't mean that you won't be able to get certified, it just means it may take you a little longer than you expect :-)

Please review the information on the below link to ascertain what type of developer certification you're interested in. Once you've made a decision, we'll be able to provide some guidance on what's required and what online tutorials available.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:45 AM
  • Thanks a lot.

I am planning to do Exam 70-515: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.  In the site this exam is scheduled to retire on July 31, 2013. Do I need to do recertification with latest  version once it is expired and also whether I am eligible to do this certifcation because it is stated that two to three years of experiencec is required. Your suggestion will help me to decide correctly and also please share online course that will help me to prepare for the certification.

Thanks in Advance

Bhsiva.

• Edited by bhsiva Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:50 PM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:47 PM
  • No you are not required to get the equivalent .Net 4.5 certification when it expires.

Although exams expire, current certifications don’t.  You will still be certified in 70-515: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 even when the exam expires.

Jeff Wharton

• Proposed as answer by tooleyrose Friday, July 27, 2012 3:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:07 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:49 PM
  • Thanks for your quick reply.

Whether I am eligible to do the certification because it is stated that two to three years of experiencec is required and also could you please share online course material for the same.

Thanks

bhsiva.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:53 PM
  • There are not pre-requisites for this exam despite that exam stating you should have 2-3yrs of experience. You can sit the exam even if you have no experience however you probably wouldn't pass :-).

Preparation materials are listed at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-515#tab3

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:03 AM