CRM 2011 installation, Timeout error. Cannot create the MSCRM_CONFIG database RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

While doing the installation of CRM 2011, I am getting an error while creating the MSCRM_CONFIG database. Please find below the error log.

07:01:06|   Info| Installing Database 'MSCRM_CONFIG'
    07:01:27|   Info| CrmAction execution time; InstallConfigDatabaseAction; 00:00:21.2629313
    07:01:27|  Error| Installer Complete: ConfigDBInstaller - Error encountered
    07:01:27|Warning| Error reported while configuring _Deployment. Attempting rollback
    07:01:27|   Info| ConfigDBInstaller: Beginning uninstall operation
    07:01:27|   Info| Executing Uninstall action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.UnregisterRoleAction
    07:01:27|   Info| UnregisterRoleAction does not apply since _Deployment is not a explicit server role.
    07:01:27|   Info| CrmAction execution time; UnregisterRoleAction; 00:00:00
    07:01:27|   Info| ConfigDBInstaller:  Uninstall completed
    07:01:27|  Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallConfigDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniError(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, UInt32 error)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSni(DbAsyncResult asyncResult, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadNetworkPacket()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ConsumePreLoginHandshake(Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean& marsCapable)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, TimeoutTimer timeout)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.StandardConfigSqlStrategy.GetConnection(String sqlServerName, String databaseName, Boolean oleDB, Boolean disablePooling)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.DatabaseInstallerBase.CreateDatabase()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.DatabaseInstallerBase.Install()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallConfigDatabaseAction.Do(IDictionary parameters)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.CrmAction.ExecuteAction(CrmAction action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.CrmAction.ExecuteAction(CrmAction action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerRoleInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.InvokeInstall(Installer installer, IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.InternalInstall(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerSetup.Install(IDictionary data)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.ExecuteOperation()
    07:01:28|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerSetup.ExecuteOperation
    07:01:28|   Info| ActivatePage(ServerSetupFinishPage)

Please help me out. It's very urgent.

Thanks, Ankit Shah
    Inkey Solutions, India.
    Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Professionals
    http://www.inkeysolutions.com/MicrosoftDynamicsCRM.html

Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi KG,

Thanks for the response. Actually It was related to firewalls, i have disabled them and and could connect with SQL server. However, going forward I am facing another issue i.e. the CRM is not able to create the SQLusergroup security login on SQL server 2008 R2. Did you face such issue ever? In fact from management studio i cannot able to add any of the AD users or groups in Security folder.

Thanks, Ankit Shah
    Inkey Solutions, India.
    Friday, July 29, 2011 11:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Ankit,

Error seems to be related with connectivity. Do you have access to SQL server, does the ports are open etc.

KG

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Friday, July 29, 2011 11:43 AM
  • Hi KG,

Thanks for the response. Actually It was related to firewalls, i have disabled them and and could connect with SQL server. However, going forward I am facing another issue i.e. the CRM is not able to create the SQLusergroup security login on SQL server 2008 R2. Did you face such issue ever? In fact from management studio i cannot able to add any of the AD users or groups in Security folder.

Thanks, Ankit Shah
    Inkey Solutions, India.
    Friday, July 29, 2011 11:47 AM
  • Ankit,

It looks like user on which you tried to install CRM 2011 not have rights to create security groups in selected by you Organization Unit in AD. Also you need to have enought right in SQL server.

Check this article:

http://dynamics-crm2011.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-install-microsoft-dynamics-crm.html

KG

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Friday, July 29, 2011 12:18 PM
  • Hi SG,

Thanks for helping me out in this issue.

A user with whom I am installing the CRM is domain administrator, he has rights on SQL server as well as being domain admin he could able to create the groups in AD. The problem is on SQL server i am not able to create the security login with windows authentication. It is throwing an error like 'Window NT user or group domain\SQLAccessGroup not found. Check the name again.' The same thing is happening for every AD user and group. 

Thanks, Ankit Shah
    Inkey Solutions, India.
    Friday, July 29, 2011 12:36 PM