validation problems RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to load Norton intertnet security 2006 onto my pc which has windows me and came up with this copy of windows is not genuine message . i have tried to revalidate and reboot which did nothing . I have downloaded the mga diagnostic tool and saved to computer , ran it and copied to clip board . please advise me what to do next .

Results of test

validation info                                                          Genuinevalidation status  unsupported os                                    Product key    failed to get product key                                      product key hash     failed to get product key                           windows product id    failed to get product id                        windows product id type      static                                         windows licence type           static                                               windows os version      failed to get version                           download centrecode        static                                                      id           (50a9ae9c-b6eo-4ad1-8c2c-87bdf856c79b)         administrator                        static                                                autodial                                 Yes                                               registry                                   0x0                                        wgaversion          registered, 1.5.530.0.                          signature type            microsoft                                   validationdiagnostic fcee394c-066-80070485    

Friday, July 7, 2006 10:32 AM

Answers

• bhay,

Thanks for the reply, could you Post the entire contents of the diag tool that you originally posted?

THanks,

Friday, July 7, 2006 8:48 PM

All replies

• Please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/default.mspx and click on "Validate Windows". Restart your computer. Does this technique solve the issue?
    Friday, July 7, 2006 2:24 PM
  • Bhay,

Please note that Norton Internet Security 2006 is not compatible with Windows 98 and Me.

If you purchased NIS2006 at retail, you should be installing the included NIS2005, which is the last version of NIS that is compatible with W98 and Me.

Here is the system requirements page for NIS2006:  http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/sysreq.jsp?pcid=is&pvid=nis2006

Friday, July 7, 2006 3:36 PM
  • bhay,

What operating system, or what version of windows are you using? 98, ME, 2000, XP??

Thanks,

Friday, July 7, 2006 4:21 PM
  • windows me

bhay

Friday, July 7, 2006 8:25 PM
  • bhay,

Thanks for the reply, could you Post the entire contents of the diag tool that you originally posted?

THanks,

Friday, July 7, 2006 8:48 PM
  • not sure what you mean

i ran tool loaded from http//go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=56062

and got the result previosly listed

Sunday, July 9, 2006 9:06 PM