WHS on new windows? RRS feed

• Question

• hi i youst winder if there are anny plans on making WHS suport the new windows 7 that is on the plans fore 2009 ore 2010 ?  yea im a bit early but it would be nice to know.
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:18 PM

Answers

• If you're asking whether the connector will support a version of Windows that won't be released for at least a year or two, then I'm sure it will at that time. But that's a long way off. If you're asking if it will support beta versions of Windows 7, well, your guess is as good as mine. :)

If you're asking about whether WHS will move to use the Windows 7 platform as it's base OS, Microsoft hasn't shared information on that front. Same for Windows Server 2008. A future version of WHS will, I expect, wind up on a new generation OS, but who knows which one, other than Microsoft?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    I would imagine that there could be a new version of WHS available sometime, rather than 'retro-fitting' the existing version.

Colin
    If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:11 PM
  • If you're asking whether the connector will support a version of Windows that won't be released for at least a year or two, then I'm sure it will at that time. But that's a long way off. If you're asking if it will support beta versions of Windows 7, well, your guess is as good as mine. :)

If you're asking about whether WHS will move to use the Windows 7 platform as it's base OS, Microsoft hasn't shared information on that front. Same for Windows Server 2008. A future version of WHS will, I expect, wind up on a new generation OS, but who knows which one, other than Microsoft?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:22 PM