I Have Been Very Pleased With OneCare Until Thsi Morning It Quit Working When I had a (Ghost Trojan?)Threat. RRS feed

• Question

• I have been very pleased with Microsoft Windows OneCare, until this morning when my PC/system was being threated.  All I can assume it that the threat attacked OneCare, or my Microsoft Systems.  I plan on buying a copy of OneCare after April 1st (when I  get paid).  I appreciate all the help and support that Microsoft has been providing.  My wife is disabled and I can't always work when I want.  Again, I truly do appreciate the great support and I also plan on upgrading my Windows XP to Professional.

I am under the impression, that either this Ghost Trojan, Spuninst, or maybe Print Spooler, made it's way through a back-door in my firewall.  I had recently uninstalled Skype, and I'm not sure if I closed the access through the wall.  My real question, is OneCare designed more as a warning system than an Antispyware Application?

Thanks again and please advise,

Stephen Cobb
    • Edited by Stephen-53 Friday, March 27, 2009 4:50 AM
    • Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Friday, March 27, 2009 12:50 PM (Moved from Windows Live OneCare Install and Activate to Windows Live OneCare Anti-Virus)
    Friday, March 27, 2009 3:40 AM

Answers