installing Windows Vista x64 with another DVD RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir/Madam,

I have s few questions in my mind which I hope I would be getting a good answer from here.

1. I have bought a retail Windows Vista Home Premium x32, and only x32 DVD is in the package. Now, I am planning to switch from Windows Vista home premium x32 to x64 in order for my system be able to fully utilize 4GB of RAM instead of just 3.3 or so GB of RAM (and also for increase more RAM later on). Since I do not have the Windows Vista Home Premium x64 installation disc (DVD), would I be able to install Windows Vista x64 using another copy of Windows Vista x64 with another 'product key' (without entering the 'product key' and automatic activation)? And after the installation, I will use my 'product key' for activation, would I be able to activate it with my retail Windows Vista x32 'product key' to get it running x64 Windows?

2. I have found that I could order the Windows Vista Home Premium x64 installation disc (DVD) from "http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/1033/ordermedia/default.mspx". The DVD is free of charge, and I would just need to pay for the shipping & handling fees of USD 10.95 by standard mail and USD 20+ by International mail (payment using 'Credit Card'). 1, The problem is that I do not have any kind of 'Credit Card', is the any alternative to order the DVD? 2. If I am to use someone else 'Credit Card' to order the DVD (e.g. my sister's Credit Card), will it be fine and will it be 100% safe? 3. I am living in Malaysia, if I am to request for the DVD, could I choose the "USD 10.95 shipping & handling fees" delivery options?

• Moved by Whosane002 Friday, April 23, 2010 9:57 PM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile Feedback)
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:28 PM

All replies