Suggestion (or plea?) for future MS-S&T versions: bring back the ability to give specific driving speeds in Route Planner options RRS feed

• General discussion

• I think I first started using MS Streets & Trips around the turn of the century or so.  Up until the middle of last decade, you used to be able to actually give a specific driving speed when using Route Planner under More Options/Driving Speed.  Now, you have far more ambiguous 'sliders' which default to 'average' (in the middle of the slider scale) and are not nearly as useful in regards to trip planning.  

It would be so much easier to be more precise on long trip driving times if you could plug in a specific number the way you could using the program years ago.  Everyone's personal driving habits/tendencies will be different.  Just for example, I'm trying to help a friend of mind plan her cross country move, she'll be driving a 16' rental truck and towing a car on a dolly behind.  I'd like to be able to plug in exactly 60mph as the driving speed average through the entire trip and then be able to gauge where to plan overnight stays and such, but I'm still stuck with 'average' and then any adjustment I might make, I have absolutely no clue what specific speed any point on the sliding scales equate to.

Please consider bringing back this missing functionality in future versions of the product.  I still love the product for the most part overall, but this 'feature' change has been an extreme annoyance ever since it was first introduced.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:39 AM