Still not able to diagnose 'W Vista- build 6002 This copy of windows is not genuine'

Question

• I have had this computer for 4 years and never saw this. I got on anyway by clicking "Activate Later."

Every "Help" forum I see suggests re-typing the Product key. The sticker on my computer has a 20-character series of 5 letters and then 15 numbers without dashes or breaks.

When I retype this, on the second character (a letter) it stops because the field says "invalid character"- it wants a number when my product has letters.

In the system when i go to Start. Computer. System Properties. It also says I need to activate and has a Product ID number with numbers and letters (5 numbers-3 letters-7 numbers-5 numbers)- but that does not work either. I have no idea what Product key to use since both seem invalid now or my computer will not allow me to type the correct one....

Help!!!!

Because my computer is over 3, I cannot even ask questions over the phone. Every number asks for my service code which then hangs up on me for being not covered....

Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool link does NOT work- window begins then disappears and comp crashes- and do not say its my isp- it is NOT

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012  this does NOT work either...

i just read that support for vista is gone july 12, 2011. is this some kind of microsoft locked in glitch to make people buy new computers every few years?

i have never had this come up. why would my key code not work in the first place? how could it magically change?

how can i find the correct key code? this seems like it should be simple!!!

Help

Thanks, Ryan
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 9:27 PM

Answers