Roles security settings : "Add" & "Add to" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Am a new CRM user, I cannot figure out the meaning of the "add" and "add to"  columns  when setting up  a Role's access security. Can any one help me ?
    Thx a lot.
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:55 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Taj,

I think you want to ask about "append" and "append to" if I am not wrong;

Append Objects can be added to the object in question. For example, a note can be added to an opportunity if the caller has Append rights on the opportunity.
    Append To Append To is the opposite behavior from Append. In this case, the object in question can be appended to another object. For example, a note can be attached to an opportunity if the caller has Append To rights on the note. (Append To can also be thought of as “Attach”).

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 10:35 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Taj,

I think you want to ask about "append" and "append to" if I am not wrong;

Append Objects can be added to the object in question. For example, a note can be added to an opportunity if the caller has Append rights on the opportunity.
    Append To Append To is the opposite behavior from Append. In this case, the object in question can be appended to another object. For example, a note can be attached to an opportunity if the caller has Append To rights on the note. (Append To can also be thought of as “Attach”).

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 10:35 AM
  • Thx uMar for your prompt response. That was all what i need.
    Thanks again.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 2:34 PM